about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“This is an exciting and rare opportunity in the Media Industry to join the Group Architecture Team as an End-to-end Principal Architect with a senior level focus on Sky’s world-leading OTT-video products” – Director, Platform Architecture
What you’ll do:
– As Principal Architect you’ll be part of a small team with a big responsibility, shaping the architecture across the breadth of the technologies that underpin Sky’s products.
– Have a specific area of focus on Sky’s OTT-Video technologies, an area of explosive growth and importance that underpins NowTV, Peacock and SkyGo products.
– Take the architectural lead on key strategic international initiatives driving collaboration across multiple technical teams. You’ll act as the technical authority and thought leader with ultimate responsibility for brokering consensus.
– Be the acknowledged expert who can represent the capabilities of Sky’s technology in the evolution of business strategy, including the evaluation of potential initiatives and their financial justification.
– Take responsibility for identifying, furthering and championing opportunities for simplification and convergence.
– Strive to find the optimum balance in architectural responses between the evolution of the platform and the time/cost/risk constraints of delivery.
– Act as a guardian for our agreed technology strategies, our standards/policies, committed roadmaps and the integrity of Sky’s technology platform.
– Effectively communicate across all levels of the technology organisation and to senior business
– Work with commercial, legal and procurement to progress contractual/commercial agreements with 3rd parties.
– Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and technology peers not just within Sky Group Product organisation but across the breadth of Sky, Comcast and NBCU.
What you’ll bring:
– A proven track record of operating effectively in a technical leadership role where you are responsible for
architectural definition and direction across an estate of comparable scale/complexity.
– Exceptional communications skills with the ability to assess the technical detail required to reach a broad diversity of stakeholders from deeply technical subject-matter-experts to non-technical business stakeholders.
– A well-exercised ability to cut through complex amorphous problem-domains to isolate the key issues and provide clear, concise and well-reasoned direction.
– Demonstrable history as a multi-discipline technology all-rounder with a broad knowledge of the
technologies used within web and media industries. Particularly relevant is experience of all technological aspects of OTT Video Delivery and PayTV services to include : CRM, content-security, digital-marketing, dynamic-advertising, media-workflows, content-metadata/discovery, cloud-technologies, CDN, networking etc.
– An enquiring-mind with a relentless interest in wider technology trends and their pragmatic application to business challenges.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Access to free NOWTV, for streaming all your favourite shows
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.