about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Strategy and Enterprise Architecture team as a Principal Architect working with the Group Technology function at Sky. The team you will join draws on their collective creativity, enthusiasm, industry experience and passion as they work across the breadth of Sky – all territories (UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Italy), all products (TV, OTT, Broadband, Mobile, Advertising) and all brands (Sky, Comcast, Now, Peacock).
The team have been instrumental in supporting Sky’s evolution and growth including the recent launch of Sky Connect in the UK, the entry into the residential broadband market in Italy, successful introduction and accelerated growth of Sky Mobile in the UK, delivering partnerships with Disney+, Netflix and a range of streaming providers to our Sky Q platform and much, much more. This is an architecture team with drive and dynamism who are at the fore front of product and technology adoption at Sky.
What you’ll do:
– As technology trusted advisors, you will build and foster relationships with our business leadership teams across Sky group proactively providing technology thought leadership for Sky and Comcast
– You will influence the evolution of our business strategy and roadmap planning supporting key commercial, financial and operational decisions including, but not limited to, acquisitions, entry into new markets and evolving business ambitions across all key portfolios.
– Drive technology strategy, painting the picture of future technology at Sky, evangelising its benefits and guiding the direction Sky takes towards that its future technology north star.
– You will be responsible for defining, coordinating and governing Sky’s enterprise architecture (business architecture, technical architecture, data architecture, organisational architecture and economic value) and will be responsible for enterprise technology design governance ensuring integrity of broader enterprise architecture integrity.
– Work closely with our Delivery and Analysis functions to define High Level Architectures that realise business requirements, advances delivery of technology north stars and supports delivery phasing; everything we do is delivery focused.
– Manage the end-to-end engagement with Suppliers when requesting information or proposals on solution requirements to support strategic deliveries. These responsibilities can extend to commercial negotiations and drafting contractual agreements.
What you’ll bring:
– 10 or more years in role demonstrating a series of successful engagements emphasising large-scale system integration deliveries and architectural accomplishments; alignment with telecommunications, broadband, satellite or media industries preferable, though not required
– You will be an influencer with strong communication skills and experience of working with senior executives. The ability to moderate your presentation to meet your audience is key, as we work closely with colleagues from all areas within Sky
– Experience of significant commercial and contractual transactions (M&A or long term/large value deals) and possess commercial and legal acumen
– You will have a passion for technology and demonstrable experience of making order out of chaos, communicating well and influencing with clear vision and strategy aligned Sky objectives.
– Consultative approach to managing stakeholders, business engagements and initiating projects. You will benefit from your intellectual flexibility and pragmatism in finding out the relevance of various aspects of a given multi-domain architecture to identify allowable shortcuts and “quick wins”.
– Working knowledge of industry-specific cross-domain architectures for OSS/BSS and network integration, including automation of business processes and telecommunications industry standards (eTOM, TAM, 3GPP, GSMA, IEEE and others); a background in either carrier-grade network or large-scale software architecture is recommended.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.