8 months ago
Principal Analog Design Engineer - Swindon
The primary focus is the development of power management solutions for the automotive market including applications such as Infotainment systems and ADAS. The scope of solutions range from Vehicle Battery to Point of Load for the increasing demands of automotive in cabin electronics.. Your role, providing technical leadership to projects, will support Dialog’s growing automotive product portfolio including support for Functional Safety features demanded of future automotive applications.
• Interpret requirement specifications to achieve system and design strategy for power management products.
• Technical leadership of projects / lead designer for major blocks, ensuring designs are successfully guided into production
• Design, simulation and layout supervision of CMOS power management circuits meeting performance, area, power and timescale constraints
• Take ownership for complex block design, delegating tasks where appropriate and reviewing design work where necessary
• Feasibility study of new circuits, ensure design meets specification
• Lead Lab evaluation in collaboration with Applications Engineers
• Produce high quality documentation for own IP blocks
• Leading innovation of design and methodologies, to increase power management capabilities
• Support DFT strategy and implementation
• Partner with test team to ensure appropriate test development to ramp to production
• Top level simulation and verification planning and implementation
• Coach and mentor less experienced team members
• Take proactive approach to driving own development plan, utilizing team members and internal development opportunities
• Customer - customer facing relationship as TPL or design lead
• Support RFQ process where necessary
• Any ad hoc tasks as deemed reasonable by your manager
• Work with other sites to share and adopt best practice and promote adoption within team members
• Behave as both technical and behavioral role model within group, demonstrating the work ethic, technical expertise and ability to deliver that others aspire to.
• Display high level problem solving capabilities, through delivering innovative designs.
• First time right design, on time and according to design specification, ensuring best practise is followed.
• Ensure impactful dissemination of knowledge across team.
• Timely and accurate documentation.
• Demonstrate risks astuteness, proactively implementing solutions with minimal input from Manager
• Recognition for technical expertise in analog design across PMIC organisation, demonstrated through proactive use of forums example lunch and learns / skills training
• Demonstrate elements of Spirit of Dialog in all aspects of work
• Drive innovative improvements to working practices and methodologies.
• Demonstrate continuous improvement of technical, non technical skills, measured through manager review.
• Promote best practice adopting and sharing ideas with other sites.
What we are looking for
• Typically, 8-12 years’ experience
• Expertise and track record in high performance, low power DC-DC converter design, specifically switcher/buck converter design
• Automotive experience beneficial
• Advanced training, study and experience allowing work on advanced complex technical projects.
• Ability to select most appropriate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for maximizing results.
• Ability to solve complex issues in creative, commercial and effective ways.
• Able to lead & co-ordinate significant projects, programs and business initiatives with creativity and ingenuity.
• Ability to support and mentor Junior Team Members
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Results-oriented and able to deliver on-time under tight schedule pressure.
• Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
• Flexible to undertake occasional international travel at short notice.
• Excellent command of verbal and written English
• Ability to propose innovative solutions
• Concise and precise communication, presentation and customer skills within multi-site and multicultural environment
• Degree level qualification in Electronics engineering or a related discipline typically required.
Dialog in Swindon
Working in our newly refurbished Swindon design centre, you will benefit from best in class facilities alongside some of the world’s leading engineers in mixed signal IC design. It’s a truly international environment where your ability is recognised, rewarded and challenged daily. You will work with cutting-edge technologies with some of our largest customers that lead the way in developing ICs for the latest Smartphones, Tablet PCs, Portable media devices and wireless audio. Swindon has continuously been at the forefront of engineering technology and with good travel links to London, Bristol and Bath, it is well known for its green areas and outdoor family activities. There is plenty to discover across the West Country.
Why join us?
Dialog Semiconductor is a world-leading provider of low-power, advanced mixed-signal ICs creating the next generation of innovative, smart connected devices. In 2019, we generated US $1.4 billion in revenue and we currently have approximately 2,300 employees worldwide.
Working at Dialog we treat each other with respect and fairness, irrespective of gender, race, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, disability, diversity of thought and experience. We see our differences as strengths and are proud to have an inclusive workforce that values diversity.
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry.
Click below and apply now.
This publication is issued to provide outline information only, which unless agreed by Dialog Semiconductor may not be used, applied, or reproduced for any purpose or be regarded as a representation relating to products. All use of Dialog Semiconductor products, software and applications referred to in this document are subject to Dialog Semiconductor’s Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, available on the company website (-******) unless otherwise stated.
Dialog and the Dialog logo are trademarks of Dialog Semiconductor plc or its subsidiaries.
All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
© Dialog Semiconductor 2020. All rights reserved.
Back to list
Send job to a friend
Print this page