about 1 month ago
Pricing Services - Lead Engineer (IB Technology)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you question the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Drive the implementation of a new pricing capability for Structured Products.
– Work closely with Quants, Trading and Sales, across multiple locations, to create a robust, scalable, platform that can accelerate and expand our product offering to clients.
– Build out new flexible APIs to support streamlined onboarding of new derivative pay-offs, as part of a cross-asset portfolio.
– Introduce new technology solutions, that are able to utilize Azure Cloud services.
– Be hands-on, and able to influence senior technologies and Quants across a large global team.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will join the London team, working as part of a ‘Hybrid Pod’ with close interaction with business teams across the globe. You will partner with technologists, architects and Quants to design, build and develop the new platform. You will work in a very focused agile environment that supports rapid iteration of ideas and sustainable pace of delivery.
– A strong software engineering background with solid architectural principles and practices.
– Significant domain knowledge pricing and risk-managing Structured Products.
– Experience creating micro-service architectures using a variety of technologies, including C#, Java and Python.
– An ability to lead solutions through detailed discussion and hands-on delivery.
– A proven history of interacting with senior Quant and Trading stakeholders.
You may have:
– Prior experience in a Quant or Strat type role.
– Experience of cloud migrations, particularly Azure
– Delivered solutions using containers, Kubernetes or serverless
– Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres and/or NoSql databases
– Experience with test automation
– A proven technical leader with a clear view of how to deliver success for your clients
– Comfortable leading design and architecture discussions involving multi-region high performing teams - focused on shaping the architectural vision
– An excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills and experience of delivering to the front office
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– Proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements as client opportunities emerge
– Keen to learn and adopt new technologies