28 days ago
Title : Preperations Assistant / Area Lead
Requisition ID :2019-60480
Work Location :GB--Billingham
Department / Discipline : Planning
Position Type : Fixed Term
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Preperations/Area Lead on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract to support preperations for a 2020 Turnaround on a client site.
Pre-Execution the Candidate will be responsible for:
* Assisting the maintenance manager in day to day tasks
* Provide updates on TA Preps progress
* Facilitate the project work to enable swift delivery to the TAR preps team
* Facilitate the design department to ensure designs are completed
* Coordinate meetings to review inspection scopes of work
* Support planning team with work scope development
During Execution the Candidate will be responsible for:
* Taking on the role of Area Lead, responsible of delivering all maintenance activities on time, safely and reporting on progress daily
* Coordinating supervisors to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion
* Manage Multidiscipline resource teams
* Coordinate with operations teams to ensure daily work activities progressed effectively
* Coordinate with third party contractors where required
Skills / Qualifications
* Previous experience as an Area Engineer/Preps Engineer is essential.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.