3 months ago
Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Pre-sales Solution Architect has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications group.
The Pre-Sales function is responsible for supporting the entire Sales and Business Development department in all pre-Sales activities to generate and manage sales prospects. The pre-sales engineer would report into the Head of pre-sales.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1) Identify and capture customer’s requirements.
2) Support bids and produce technical proposals which are tailored to the customer’s requirements
3) Draw up systems level communication systems block diagrams or detailed drawings down to interfaces/connector level
4) Provide customer technical presentations and training on Airbus’s capabilities and Skynet’s unique characteristics
5) Keep abreast with new developments in state-of-the-art technologies and to feed this back into the organisation by either briefing or training the Airbus team
Marketing Support Activities
1) Build up necessary tools to assist the sales process such as a database of satellite coverage maps, technical handbooks etc.
2) To write technical or white papers describing Airbus’s services and new platforms
Internal Resource Management Activities
1) Develop end-to-end satellite communications systems design and solutions that encompass the satellite space segment, anchoring, co-location and terrestrial backhaul based on each specific customer’s needs.
2) To resolve satellite capacity availability issues and support satellite transition and defragmentation activities by maintaining close communications with Network Engineering, BD & Sales
3) Liaise with inter-departmental entities such as New Product Development, Service Delivery and Network Engineering to ensure smooth delivery of new services
4) To technically advocate the prospect internally with the Engineering departments and to ensure that the prospect passes the PDR/bid review process.
This role will involve regular travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Experience writing complex technical proposals
* Extensive experience in a communications engineering role, specialising in satellite communications and network analysis and design
* Some experience in a pre-sales (or similar) role
* Experience of Product or Service management
* Experience in Defence related sales