3 months ago
Pre Sales Engineering Manager (Military)
Airbus Defence and Space Farnborough
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
As part of the UAS solutions team the Sales Engineering Manager is responsible for the leading the team developing a full e2e solution architecture for Zephyr platforms. This involves client engagement and delivery of technical solutions.
The Zephyr is a new, world record holding state-of-the-art solar powered ultralight weight CFRP Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military applications from Airbus Defence and Space.
Working with the sales team responsible for definition of the technical solutions to meet the customer needs, a key element to this role will be working with suppliers and the Zephyr engineering team to integrate and assure payload capability for the Zephyr platform.
This role will involve frequent travel for business in the UK and internationally and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Line Management responsibility of small team dedicated to Zephyr Pre Sales Engineering
* Trusted advisor to the business on technology and solutions to meet business and customer demands
* Develop and create suitable architectural deliverables that provide solutions to meet the customer requirements
* Responsible for achieving business sign off for architectural deliverables
* Requirements specification for technical development including successful integration of payload capability
* Development of technical and operations technical proposals
* Ownership of high level technical roadmap for new services and capabilities
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Degree or equivalent in an engineering or related subject
* Familiarity of developing technical solutions in a service environment
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex engineering solutions
* Solid and demonstrable evidence and experience of working in a technical environment with a bias towards a Communications Service Delivery
* Requirements management including capture control and traceability
* Previous experience leading a team would be preferred