about 1 month ago
Pre-Contracts Commercial Manager
Requisition ID :2021-88546
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Commercial / Contracts
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pre-Contracts Commercial Manager to support the growth aspirations of the Business through day-to-day management of pre-contract Commercial activities.
The Commercial Manager performs full range of pre-contract commercial activities including over-seeing pricing of Commercial Models, Liaising with the contracts team to manage contractual qualifications, Identifying risk and mitigation through developing Risk registers for opportunities and liaising with other functions (Tax, Insurance, Treasury etc) to determine most suitable commercial structure for opportunities.
* Promotes innovation of commercial / alternative delivery model
* Provide direction and leadership for other pre-contract commercial personnel
* Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times
* Perform pre award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of overseeing pricing aspects, performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, co-ordinating commercial and legal qualifications
* Lead commercial strategies for opportunities
* Lead risk review development workshops as necessary for developing commercial response
* Lead Profit Improvement Plans for key opportunities
* Manage the development of paperwork for the approval process for Commercial Submissions
* Guide the business on the pre-contract approval process requirements
* Provide direction to pre-contract commercial team on a day-to-day basis
* Review final submission doscumentation to ensure all commercial elements are reflected appropriately
Skills / Qualifications
* Completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline
* Professional qualifications desirable but not essential
* Experience in a similar role is required
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Experience in a similar leadership/management role or professional qualification is desirable
* Experience in negotiation of commercial models and contracts
* Experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation
* Demonstrate commitment to safety
* Ability to mentor and coach direct reports
* Demonstrate commitment to WOOD and client Core Values
* Demonstrate commitment to WOOD Commercial Process and Procedures.
* Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
* Ability to work as part of a senior management team and manage others
* Ability to prioritise key tasks and solve problems for the team
* Nature of challenging the status quo and promoting alternatives/innovation
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.