10 months ago
Job number: UK10940
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Business Development
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty is looking for a Pre-Construction Director to join our Regional team based out of Canary Wharf, London.
As a member of the Win Business Senior Management Team, contribute to the development of the business stream strategy and implementation plan
What you'll be doing
As a Pre-Construction Director, you will:
* Take ownership of and deliver successful work winning results in new orders;
* Contribute to and lead on cost plans and margin strategies;
* Have an oversite of contractual positioning, planning, programming and technical inputs;
* Lead and present at weekly and monthly work winning meetings and internal gate review meetings;
* Contribute to the development of the overall construction London work winning strategy.
* Lead the work winning team UK wide to maximise the potential for cost effective, winning bids
* Lead, develop and manage the wider work winning team to deliver a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* Proven experience in successfully leading complex bids for multi-million pound projects (from £50m to > £500m in value);
* An understanding of the principles of framework procurement and experience within the most current forms of procurement;
* Previous experience in professional bid writing techniques, bid presentations, and bid interviewing skills within the Build sector
* Good working knowledge of BIM;
* A relevant professional qualification or membership such as building or civil engineering is desirable;
* Strong leadership and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.