3 months ago
PR Manager (Maternity Leave Cover) (LON0000MY)
: United Kingdom-London
: Corporate Communications
PR Manager (Maternity Cover)
Expiry date: 13 November 2018
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
As PR Manager you will manage the press office team (two full time staff and retained PR agency) and activity of the press office function for Arup in the UKIMEA (UK; India; Middle East and Africa) Region as well as overseeing PR activity for Arup Group.
The role sits within the UKIMEA Communications team and reports to the Communications Leader, UKIMEA but with a dotted reporting line to Arup’s Chief Marketing Office (CMO).
In this role, you will build relationships with senior level stakeholders and press offices in other Regions within the firm. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of press office activity – both proactive and reactive - for the UKIMEA Region and Arup Group.
• Responsible for determining and overseeing delivery of PR and media relations activity for Group and UKIMEA Region
• Able to take the initiative in determining and driving the relevant ‘global’ PR activity for delivery at Regional level
• Liaise with multiple senior level internal stakeholders and prioritise PR activity in line with Group and Region strategies
• Liaise with external clients, partners and communications teams from other organisations to ensure appropriate delivery of PR activity around projects / partnerships to mutual benefit
• Instrumental in maintaining a positive external reputation for Arup through proactive and reactive press coverage and other media relations activity
• Provide media relations advice and support for Group and UKIMEA region
• Manage UKIMEA press office function including two press officers, the retained PR agency and South African-based PR consultant
• Cascade and disseminate relevant PR content and information to Regional PR teams
• Provide advice and support on media relations for spokespeople
• Responsible for PR budgets including PR agency and coverage monitoring service / journalist database as well as overseeing ad hoc activity requiring additional budget
• Provide function update for relevant Board reports (Group and Region)
• Provide crisis management PR advice, support and messaging where appropriate including shared out of hours support as needed.
Requirements and skills
• Strong management skills and experience
• Ability to build relationships with broad range of stakeholders
• Ability to prioritise, assess and manage PR and media relations activity across diverse business and service offering
• Excellent PR writing skills
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Computer literate (Microsoft packages)
• Reliable and flexible working approach
• Experience of and familiarity with press office functions and resources
• Proven Press Office experience
• PR agency background would be preferable
• Professional services background would be preferable
• Interest in the built environment would be beneficial
• Qualified to degree level
• CIM / CIPR qualification would be beneficial
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent and specific term staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. Although specific-term employees cannot access the firm’s Flexible Benefit scheme, you will benefit from receiving the grade-related flex fund as additional cash.
In addition specific term employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Mafalda Vilhena is managing applications for this role and can be contacted on Mafalda.Vilhena@arup.com.