8 months ago
Job ID : 106903BR
Location : United Kingdom - Bishops Stortford
Thermofisher is recruiting for a role with dual responsibility for PPI (Continuous Improvement) and Projects within Europe to be based from our Bishop Stortford site. This role will include travel within Europe of up to 30 %. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving continuous improvement activity (PPI) and ensuring the timely delivery of Business Projects within Europe. Leading key business activities in support of Fisher BioServices. Also responsible for setting PPI (continuous improvement) related productivity targets and drive their attainment as part of the Business Unit annual operating plan.
Location: Bishop Stortford
Divisional Specific Information
Fisher Bioservices is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapies, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized, end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical customers and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity of their valued material.
What are we looking for?
Key Responsibilities for PPI (Continuous Improvement)
* Leadership in driving conclusive output from initiatives in improving our Quality/ Operational systems of work.
* PPI Leadership for the global BioServices business. This includes facilitating Lean fundamentals, such as error-proofing, visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings, Product and Process 3Ps, Heijunka, Rapid changeover, line balancing, Jidoka and other lean concepts.
* Drive the development of the PPI project funnel and track progress, including financial results. Assist in identifying and developing the right strategic annual improvement priorities.
* Coordination and leadership of Kaizen and PPI training events, and growing a population of actively contributing PPI facilitators across the business.
* Drive Strategy Deployment, including managing the European BU X-Matrix, bowler, and A3 processes.
* Support development and tracking of key strategic performance metrics (KPIs).
* Maintain communication and output with an active and productive steering committee.
* Set targets for and enable development of PPI Certified employees in the European side of the BU.
* Serve as a conduit for best practice sharing. Upon request from either the Business Unit Staff or leadership, search for best practices and provide information as to where they can go or whom they can contact to learn more about their specific request.
* Work on special projects as assigned in connection with goals and strategies.
* Other miscellaneous duties as required by senior management.
Key Responsibilities for Project management
* Manages projects throughout the project life cycle including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
* Takes a leadership role in promotion of project management initiatives.
* Build relationships and interact effectively with co-workers and leadership supporting the assigned project(s).
* Communicates regularly to core team and key stakeholders to strengthen team member engagement and/or influence stakeholder opinion of the process or results.
* Monitor cost and schedule performance of projects to assure that schedule and cost commitments are met.
* Work with internal customer groups to develop project scope, and prepare and obtain project authorizations for assigned projects.
* Prepare department capital budgets, and provide related input to preparation of the operating budget.
* Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution and completion to safety, schedule, budget, and quality.
* Provide project status reports to stakeholders through a robust communication plan.
* Manage project discussions, communications and on-site meetings. Collaboratively manage priorities based on workflow demands
* Ensure compliance to change control systems, regulatory and QMS requirements
* Be responsible for timely execution of project plans
* Travel as required up to 30%
What are we looking for?
* Experience of Continuous improvement experience at a tactical and strategic level
* Experience of strategic project management
* Formal Project Management qualification preferred.
* Education in a technical field such as engineering or electrical engineering.
* Familiar with Project Management IT toolsets (i.e.: Microsoft Project)
* Ability to forecast project budgets, schedules, and resources.
* Experience working in a matrix organization
* Excellent project management, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
* Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
* Not afraid to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and work with details as well as the big picture.
* Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and initiatives.
* Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site business processes and methods (SIOP, Customer Connections, Strategic Sourcing, etc.) used in global organizations preferred.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of multiple lean tools and techniques.
* Kaizen leadership and facilitation experience essential
* Prior experience leading commercial process improvement initiatives preferred.
* Ability to establish and maintain rapport, credibility, trust and respect, be viewed as a team player, and work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of procurement practices and policies, particularly for soliciting and executing agreements for design and construction services.
* Excellent negotiating and team-building skills; tact; ability to gain buy in from stakeholders.
* Extensive knowledge of corporate budget processes (managing capital and expense); knowledge of corporate accounting policies and practices.
What can we offer ?
* Attractive base salary & bonus to be discussed
* Core benefits include – BUPA healthcare coverage, Life Assurance policy (4 x base salary), Employee Assistance Program, Stakeholder pension scheme, 25 days annual leave
* Flexible benefits include – dental scheme, option to upgrade or extend BUPA cover, Cycle to Work scheme, subsidized gym memberships, Childcare vouchers, travel insurance, retail discount & more
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.