about 1 year ago
Power On Connections are recruiting for a Construction Engineer based in or around the North or South of London. The role of the Construction Engineer at Power On Connections (POC) is to manage all aspects of construction management in the construction, installation & commissioning of contestable electrical connections up to 33Kv. The successful candidate must have LV operational experience. Ideally based in North or South London but candidates along the M25 who have an easy commute will be considered.
* To deliver Contestable Connections for POC Ltd on time and within budget
* Maintain financial control of projects throughout using correct POC Ltd procedures.
* To be fully conversant with all relevant POC Ltd business processes.
* To promote and demonstrate a culture of health safety & quality at all times.
* To comply at all times with the requirements of Power On Connections Environmental Policy.
* Carry out risk assessments
* Develop Construction Method Statements and prepare site instruction.
* Record all project variations
* All other reasonably requested duties.
* Carry out Site Safety Audits as required.
* Report all accidents and incidents
* Carry out and maintain all on site inductions and keep appropriate records as per POC Ltd procedures.
* Issue and record PPE issue as required.
* Ensure all works are carried out to POC Ltd / DNO specifications.
* Keep up to date on current legislation & regulations
* Carry out all works in line with POC Ltd policies and procedures
* All works in the Public Highway to be carried out in liaison with the local authority and to current HAUC Specification.
* All off site work will be signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA.
* Ensure that all relevant safety, construction specifications & technical data are available.
* To liaise with other POC Ltd staff / client to ensure all targets and key milestones are met.
* To provide and feedback relevant KPI information as required.
* To be fully aware of the market place that POC Ltd are operating within and to promote the company to maximise opportunities.
* To hold all current relevant authorisations and certification related to the project.
* Ensure that you have the relevant experience, knowledge & training to carry out your duties for POC Ltd.
* To ensure personnel are authorised and have received the relevant training in the task instructed to carry out.
The individual shall:
* Provide accurate quality work within the framework of the company and industry systems, rules and guidelines.
* Ensure work is completed in a timely manner with due consideration to deadlines
* Maintain a helpful and informative work environment
* Support Business managers and supervisors in driving continuous business improvement within the company
* Demonstrate and promote the highest standards of Health and Safety
* Any other duties as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
* Be willing to travel throughout UK to regional offices and sites.
* Individuals must have a professional attitude.
Qualifications / Experience
* The incumbent must have knowledge and experience of electrical distribution and have an engineering background.
* The incumbent should hold a relevant qualification ONC/BTEC Level 3/Degree in an Electrical technical discipline and/or operational competency DNO Authorised or Senior Authorised Staff status.
* The incumbent must hold a NRSWA supervisory card, CSCS card and SMSTS certificate
* Individuals must have a full valid driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK.
* Must be eligible to work in the UK