17 days ago
Amey work in partnership with more than 40 schools in Northampton to deliver facilities management services supporting the education of the future generation’s – this includes cleaning, catering and building maintenance services. We are looking for an experienced Plumber to join us on a full-time basis, 40 hours a week.
Job Title: Commercial Plumber
Location: 1st Waterside House, Waterside Way, Northampton, NN4 7XD
Working Hours: 40 Per Week (Shifts will be discussed at interview)
Salary: Up to £32,500 depending on experience
What makes this role unique?
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of government buildings within your local community ensuring that contract objectives are delivered on time and to a professional standard.
What will this role involve?
* Liaising with site based staff and onsite Amey employees
* Able to read building drawings and blueprints to understand and plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
* General plumbing tasks, such as unclogging drains, toilets and sinks; maintaining and repairing the hot & cold water system.
* Fault finding, check, repair and make good faults. Life expired equipment Inspections, water sampling and risk assessments.
* Carrying out routine PPM tasks
* Ensuring the asset listing for the designated premises is kept up to date and in line with the service level matrix for the site
* Reactive & Planned Preventative Maintenance.
* Mains water supply repairs
* Minimise wastage and continually improve processes.
Amey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. You will be required to undergo our enhanced DBS check before commencing employment – please let us know upfront on any queries should you have any.
What are we looking for?
* Full driving licence
* Minimum City & Guilds 6024, Plumbing; NVQ Level 2-3.,City & Guilds 6089, Plumbing; NVQ Level 2, City & Guilds 6089, Plumbing; NVQ Level 3 is essential
* Light gas safe card registration Legionella Control (L8)
* Experience in operating light plant gas
* Proven 5 years experience in commercial Plumbing
* Ability to support other fabric and maintenance trades/tasks as required
* Strong Health and Safety awareness, compliance with Amey Zero Code policy
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better