7 months ago
Plant Support Administrator – Fixed Term
Shotton Surface Mine, Cramlington
The Plant Support Administrator will deliver safely efficiently and responsibly high levels of system information and stock accuracy within the plant department whilst delivering value for money purchases.
This is a fixed term contract of up to ten months.
EMPLOYEES BENEFIT FROM:
• Continuing professional development, including training opportunities
• Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing discounts
• New car discounts with certain dealerships
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES:
To provide procurement and administrative support to the plant department to deliver a professional and cost-effective service to the mining operations:
1. Ensuring compliance with the Company’s operating procedures and best practice.
2. Meticulously maintaining the integrity of the procurement stock and database.
3. Support management of the goods inward and quarantine areas, in addition to the unloading and loading of deliveries.
4. Ensuring that all associated documentation is processed in accordance with procurement and administration protocols.
5. Assisting in the resolution of invoice disputes.
6. Ensuring that the core deposit credit process is correctly maintained.
7. Challenging the supply chain partners to deliver best value for money goods and services.
8. Provide administrative support and guidance in accordance with Group protocol branding and standards.
9. Maintaining and improving plant records and files both manually and electronically.
10. Support Banks Plant Solutions administration and procurement requirements as required.
11. Provide internal and external plant hire support in a timely manner, ensuring cost effective rates are negotiated and movements are coordinated with Banks Brothers Transport (BBT)
12. Accurately maintain FLEET, CAMS and Focal Point databases following departmental Work Instructions, in addition to providing administrative data input functions in support of all Plant activities.
13. Manage appointment of contractors / suppliers ensuring an account is in place and all appropriate health and safety documentation is supplied prior to commencement.
To deliver a first-class procurement and admin service by:
14. The reviewing of and Complying with quality management system in accordance with the relevant ISO guidelines.
15. Looking to continuously improve procurement performance.
16. Deliver an exceptional service by maintaining a professional approach always when dealing with internal and external customers.
17. Implementing a file audit programme.
18. Ensuring that key documents are contained within each file.
Provide a safe working environment:
19. The Plant Support Administrator must follow all safety instruction and site safety protocol at all times.
20. The Plant Support Administrator will be responsible for proper use of the communication devices supplied.
21. The Plant Support Administrator will maintain COSHH and environmental waste files for all sites ensuring that they are continually updated as appropriate.
22. The Plant Support Administrator will bring to the attention of the Plant Support Manager any safety defects or concerns noted during their working day.
Deliver a high standard of procurement and admin performance:
23. The Plant Support Administrator will deliver a high standard of procurement advice in support of both internal and external customers.
24. The Plant Support Administrator will provide a financial appraisal on procurement issues as and when required.
25. The Plant Support Administrator will provide accurate advice to the Plant Support Manager on procurement matters as appropriate to the job.
26. Undertake such other duties as considered appropriate by the Plant Management Team.
The Plant Support Administrator will find their time in both an office and warehouse / workshop environment, however, there will be a requirement to work at an office within a surface mine, depot or any other associated work area. This will involve a direct contact with the workforce to include plant operators & maintenance staff, support staff and trade union and safety representatives. There may also be a requirement to engage with the public and local communities.
The deadline for applications is 8 January 2021.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your relevant experience to: Human Resources, The Banks Group, Inkerman House, St John’s Road, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8XL, or by email to: -******* For further information contact The Banks Group Human Resources Department on--******.
The Banks Group is committed to equality of opportunity.