6 months ago
Plant Supervisor for Concrete / * concrete / operations
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK.
One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
to run the plant and produce high quality Readymix concrete as well carrying out some maintenance and SHE works and paperwork to ensure the plant is kept at the high standard required
Skills / Experience
preferred but not mandatory - must be able to take initiative and work alone when required
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
Location: Leith (Edinburgh)
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 55.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: mon - frisat 0700-1200
Company Vehicle: none
Hiring Manager: Robert Grant
Closing Date: 23/08/19