29 days ago
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Plant Supervisor to join our friendly team in Meriden in the West Midlands.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Plant Supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of running the concrete plant and servicing the local market. The main duties will include:
* Driving a strong culture of Health and Safety at the site to include HGV drivers, technical staff and other visitors
* Manufacture a high-quality product for our customers
* Work collaboratively with a ‘One Team’ mindset to deliver exceptional value to our customers
* Continually look for ways to develop the site and drive performance through the Optimise initiative
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will already possess knowledge of ready mixed concrete production, or at least have experience in the quarrying or construction industry. This will help them rise to the operational challenges that occur and give them a sound understanding of how to manage the process on a day to day basis.
However, we can offer full training so a positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to learn are more important. Good communication skills and pc - literacy are also essential.
Previous supervisory experience of a small team would also be desirable. Finally, some safety experience with risk assessments, HIRA processes and permit systems would also be an advantage.
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety. Therefore, all new starters in operational roles will be invited to attend a 2 day corporate induction at The National Skills and Safety Park in Whitwell.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Overtime available
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities