about 1 month ago
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK.
One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
East London Concrete
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
To effectively operate the batching plant to the
standards required by company policy and to improve & maintain site
presentation to company guidelines
To accurately batch concrete/mortar in accordance
with the relevant procedures
* To ensure that the
plant is adequately stocked with approved materials at all times,
including additives and fuel. To
ensure that all material tickets are entered correctly on the dates
received notify the area admin clerk of any discrepancies.
* To ensure that all delivery tickets requiring
action are put on hold immediately and CCTA form raised and distributed
appropriately to be signed off.
To visually check stocks on a minimum weekly basis
and verify monthly
Skills / Experience
* Knowledge of cement, aggregates, RMC and building products business
* Perform high level of work ethic
* Foresee and act to meet customer needs
* Increase efficiency and quality
* Provide information and ensure open communication
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 55.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: 07:00-17:00 Mon-Friday 07:00-12:00 sat
Company Vehicle: none
Hiring Manager: Glenn Bacon
Closing Date: 17/04/19