5 months ago
The main purpose of this role is to provide expert Piling Plant advice and service to the Murphy Ground Engineering business unit. Manage the rig fleet and coordinate as necessary for projects. Proactively maintain all Ground Engineering plant and equipment to minimise breakdown risk while adhering to safe practices, procedures, environmental and legal requirements.
* Ensure good working relationships are maintained between Hemel Depot Murphy Ground Engineering/Murphy Plant Ltd and projects including Murphy Plant Ltd Logistics formalising booking process for delivery.
* Maintenance responsibility for Rotary and CFA rigs which includes, Bauer, Soilmec and Casagrande rigs.
* Maintain effective reporting lines to management Murphy Ground Engineering/Murphy Plant Ltd update the Operations Manager on key activities and issues.
* Attend and contribute to regular Murphy Ground Engineering/Murphy Plant Ltd Operations Meetings.
* Develop and Roll out Preventative Maintenance and servicing schedule for Piling Rigs and Ancillaries complete with Flow Process for defect reporting and close out.
* Assisting the Murphy Ground Engineering Management and Estimating team with the provision of competitive and realistic quotations
* Arranging site visits, client liaison, and managing documentation in line with the contract requirements
* Working closely with site personnel to plan, organise, install and handover completed projects
* Developing relationships with suppliers, clients and the on-site workforce, and overseeing all plant aspects of piling projects
* Producing, maintaining and implementing new Risk Assessments for rigging-de-rigging Piling Rigs.
* Develop Process for Splitting Kelly Bars and storage of.
* Liaise with Procurement and Murphy Plant Ltd regarding the purchase / Capex of Heavy Plant, tools and equipment from supplier’s dependant on workload and budget requirements.
* Periodically check work processes to make sure that high standards are maintained.
* On an ongoing basis review established processes to look for improvements in quality, efficiency and safety. Refer any suggestions for improvements to the Operations Manager.
* Monitor and co-ordinate PUWER Records for Lifting Equipment, examinations and periodic Inspections.
* Develop Picking List for Depot Roll out for Rigs.
* Ensure all members of team attend CDP, Safety Meetings and Toolbox talks to increase safety awareness.
* Promptly report all accidents, injuries, near misses and unsafe working conditions/practices immediately via the 2-1-2 (Accident reporting) System.
* Manage and assist Murphy Ground Engineering/Murphy Plant Ltd Management with implementing and growing an on-site team to deliver fully operational Piling Rigs and equipment.
* Liaise with the Murphy Ground Engineering Team regarding their programme of works to ensure the necessary plant resource is available and satisfies programme requirements.
* Attend Weekly Murphy Ground Engineering Progress meetings to review current workload and upcoming projects.
* Monitor Stores and parts/consumable stock levels to enable adequate supply to Murphy Ground Engineering Projects
* Promote and encourage a positive attitude to SHESQ (Safety Health Environment Sustainability and Quality) maintaining a high level of quality and safety on site and in the depot
* Comply with Safe Start Matrix training requirements
* Manage Hot Works Repairs to Murphy Ground Engineering Plant and ancillaries, hard facing etc. Ensure correct Murphy Processes and documentation are fully adhered to.
* Ensure quality control is enforced by inspection of completed work by authorised personnel.
Skills and Experience
* Significant Piling/Ground Engineering / Geotechnical plant experience within a construction/engineering or similar background
* Possess knowledge of transport regulations & maintenance processes & procedures
* Be able to handle emergencies and adjust team priorities and work schedules as needed.
* Planning and supervising abilities to handle skilled and semi-skilled workers.
* Excellent troubleshooting ability, technical knowledge of Plant and Equipment
* Civil / Geotechnical Engineering Degree or equivalent
* Literate and numerate with proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications.