7 months ago
As a Plant Layout Engineer you will assist the building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we’ve been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
* Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
* Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout.
* Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
* Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
* Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
* Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
* Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
* Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
* Degree qualified in appropriate technical discipline.
* Experience in one or several areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety etc.
* Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project. Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.).
* The postholder should possess good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. They should have the ability to take a strategic view, the ability to meet commitments and deadlines. They will be required to write clearly-expressed and well-presented reports and apply logical thinking.
* Microsoft Word/Excel. Good knowledge of PDMS (or any 3D design software), Autocad 2D and Navisworks software (consultation).
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are pioneers of power. At Rolls-Royce we impact the world by being free to innovate, explore and be brilliant. Our excellence today, builds on our strong heritage and makes us advance.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Closing date: 22nd of January
Systems Engineering & Development
15 Jan 2019; 00:01