8 months ago
Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
Nalco Champion is seeking a Plant Engineer to join our Aberdeen Plant. You will be responsible for developing well-engineered solutions to meet Regulatory and Company standards and develop efficiency improvement and cost control opportunities.
What’s in it For You:
* Thrive in a Company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment;
* The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a Company that is passionate about growth;
* The support of an organisation that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best;
* Comprehensive benefits package.
What You Will Do:
* Ensure that all design and project work complies with applicable legislation, accepted engineering codes and standards and Company policies and standards.
* Produce the project deliverables for FEED (Front End Engineering Design), EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) and commissioning phases of a project.
* Interpret applicable legislation and Company standards, analyse existing infrastructure, equipment and methods and propose suitable solutions to meet identified shortfalls.
* Manage assigned projects to ensure zero safety incident, on time and on budget delivery.
* Plan, schedule and coordinate assigned engineering projects ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are included, e.g. Production, Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) and Operations.
* Work with Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) team to ensure all projects are designed and executed to the highest standards.
* Prepare documentation and information for, and participate in, inspections and audits from external agencies, e.g. HSE, SEPA, DNV and internal business and Corporate functions.
* Manage and coordinate all Management of Change (MOC) documentation as relevant.
* Update and routine maintenance of the Company’s maintenance and inspection management system (eMaint).
* Proactively contribute to the strategy for the Plant and the subsequent execution of the agreed strategy.
* Coordinate activities to ensure that the planned preventative maintenance schedule is maintained.
* Coordinate unplanned maintenance requirements to meet ongoing operations requirements.
* Support Request for Proposal (RFP) response to determine success viability, assess needs required to respond to RFP, determine Nalco Champion’s operational gaps if RFP is successful and make recommendations to overcome those gaps.
Minimum Education and Experience:
* BSc (BEng) in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent;
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a chemical processing or general production environment;
* Understand engineering and design principles and their application;
* Ability to read, understand and create technical drawings such as PFDs, P&IDs, isometric drawings and loop diagrams;
* Knowledge of relevant Safety, Health and Environmental regulations;
* Project management and contractor management experience;
* Strong grasp of Management of Change procedures;
* Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
* Excellent mathematics and IT skills;
* Understand batch manufacturing processes;
* Previous experience of maintenance planning systems;
* Experience of COMAH Regulations.