19 days ago
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide the leadership and direction for the Transpire Alliance within the planning function within the Project group. Implement the strategy for Planning and help enable the efficient delivery of the Projects within the group. Ensure an effective planning function that delivers to target, is efficient, focused, customer facing and accountable.
What will this role involve?
* Undertake the day to day management of the planning team within the Project group, acting as the leader
* Undertake functional leadership and line management to the planning individuals within the Project group
* Work closely with the other support functions on a day to day basis providing support as required. Including Procurement, Commercial, Estimating.
* Provide planning information as required to Project Directors and Project Leads to manage their projects.
* Provide support and technical information to the Alliance Planning Manager for decision making and onward cascade to AMT.
What are we looking for?
* Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
* Relevant experience in the successful delivery of major projects of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
* Expert in all aspects of Planning, Change, and Earned Value Management.
* Able to coach and challenge management and non-specialists.
* Ability to develop and build a successful team.
* Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership.
What makes this role unique?
You will be accountable for providing and making visible, accurate forecasts for workload and capacity in line with business requirements.