11 months ago
Job number: UK11054
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Planning & Scheduling
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Manager to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Maxim, Motherwell.
To provide leadership and expertise in the area of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation project controls and planning specifically to ensure consistency of planning activities across work winning and live project sites with seamless relationship to bespoke (Ffenics) productivity monitoring and assurance software system.
The provision of consistent direction and support to a network of site based planning and project controls resources.
What you'll be doing
As a Planning Manager, you will:
* Ensure compliance with the Business Management System (BMS);
* Work with the Technical Services Manager to initiate and support the development of common project controls and planning strategy across EC work winning and project sites. Develop commonality through project cycle from work winning to commissioning and handover;
* Interact with Delivery Units and Project Teams as necessary to embed, maintain and improve controls and planning strateg;
* Provide suitable reporting measures (including KPI’s) to demonstrate compliance and continuous improvement across project sites as required by the business;
* Provide support, training and coaching to develop planning and controls skills in the EC business.
Who we're looking for
* Have the ability to develop and maintain bespoke (Ffenics Level 4) productivity monitoring and assurance system to suit the continuing needs of the business;
* Have significant knowledge and preparation of Level 3 programme development from tender through project cycle to commissioning and handover using Primavera P6 Professional;
* Build strong relationships with internal and external customers, supply chain, delivery teams and project teams;
* Pay attention to detail and see things through to completion;
* Demonstrate initiative and resilience.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.