about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 234854
* Relocation Authorized: National - Single
* Grade: 26-27
* Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
* Requisition Posting End Date: 06/14/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel Cavendish Nuclear Solutions (BCNS) is a joint venture between Bechtel Ltd and Cavendish Nuclear Ltd, working since 2011 to deliver the Pile Fuel Cladding Silo Retrievals (PFCS) Project alongside and on behalf of the client; Sellafield Ltd.
The Pile Fuel Cladding Silo is a Legacy and Pond Silo facility. As part of the client’s hazard and risk reduction program, the PFCS project was tasked to successfully deliver plant and equipment capable of accessing the historic waste, removing it and transferring it into containers for safe interim storage. Using a ‘fit for purpose’ model and operating in close collaboration with Sellafield Ltd, a solution was delivered that met the functional requirements by the most efficient means.
The first phase of the project (known as Retrievals Access Penetrations and Silo Doors) prepared the silo for retrievals by cutting access holes into each compartment and sealing them with high-precision doors. This was delivered on time, within cost and to exacting quality standards. The second phase (known as Early Retrievals) designed, fabricated, installed on the silo and commissioned the first set of retrievals equipment, ready to begin retrieving waste. In addition, a second retrievals plant was produced to act as a full-scale training rig, based at Rosyth Dockyard where it was installed on a mock-up of the silo. The Early Retrievals project was successfully completed in June 2019; a staggering 3 years ahead of the initial schedule and with a cost-saving in excess of £400m against the previous scheme.
The contract is now in the third phase (Full Retrievals), which involves further modifications to the silo to enable the eventual installation of the second set of retrievals equipment (currently sitting at Rosyth), along with various productivity enhancements to the existing equipment. This work is likely to continue at least into 2023.
The PFCS Project currently seeks a Planner to join the team.
The role may be based primarily at Warrington or Cumbria, UK however travels between the sites and to Rosyth may be required.
* Work with Project Managers and Functional Leads to scope out and develop long-term portfolio scheduling and goals based on high-level scoping documents.
* Work with the Client team to provide portfolio scenarios and solutions to help them determine to correct path forward with an advanced end goal that satisfies Stakeholder requirements.
* Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
* Ascertains that the correct scope of work and the project execution plan are reflected on all schedules.
* Integrates inter-discipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
* Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
* Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
* Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required job hour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost-loaded schedules as required. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
* Assists cost trend engineer in reviewing home office cost and job hour information with the cost engineer and planner. Coordinates construction trends with the field project control engineer. Analyzes quantity and cost information and predicts changes and trends. Assists with the review and issuance of the monthly project cost and trend reports. Coordinates quantification and estimates for trends and scope changes and provide feedback to estimating regarding cost trends and lessons learned. Interfaces with other members of the project team and provides miscellaneous cost support to Program Lead Cost Engineer as requested. Provides plans and recommendations to mitigate the impact of potential trends.
* Analyses schedule data and identify and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
* Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdisciplinary requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
* Develops and monitors short-term (2-4 weeks) engineering and/or construction schedules.
* Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
* Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
* Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule.
* Provides analysis and reports on assigned areas to the project.
* Grade 26: Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of relevant experience or in lieu of a degree 15 years of professional experience.
* Grade 27: Bachelor's Degree and 13 years of relevant experience or in lieu of a degree19 years of professional experience.
* Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
* Skilled in oral and written communication.
* Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used by Bechtel (e.g., ePCWorks, Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
* Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
* Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
Private Medical Coverage
Life Insurance Program
Employee Assistance Program
Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.