about 1 month ago
Building the present, creating the future
BAM Nuttall are currently involved in a major energy project in the South West (Hinkley Point C), delivering reinforced concrete, bulk earthworks and infrastructure on one of the UK’s largest projects.
We have exciting opportunities for Planners and Senior Planners to join our team.
Your role will see you deliver on the the following responsibilities:
• Develop detail within an existing programme.
• Update and monitor progress within a programme against contract requirements.
• Introduce and analyse change in programmes.
• Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of formats, using routine and bespoke programme outputs.
• Contribute and support operational teams on use of collaborative planning, risk and commercial issues.
• Evaluate supply chain and subcontract programmes.
• Develop and maintain a 4D programme (training will be provided).
• Collect and distribute feedback.
• Assimilate and interpret information from tender documentation.
• Comply with business processes and systems.
• Resource and cost load programmes.
• Review programme robustness.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques.
• Undertake analytical assessment of programmes.
• Establish and maintain internal and external project controls reporting.
• Develop the content and structure for a tender programme.
• Contribute to a bid-winning strategy for tenders.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships on projects and interface with operational teams.
• Support the commercial teams on projects.
Who are we looking for?
The role typically requires the following:
• A qualification in civil engineering to HND level.
• Previous construction experience, across a wide range of engineering projects , with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters.
• A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
• Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
• A demonstrable ability to produce short and medium-term programmes.
• A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
• The ability to communicate effectively.
• Competency in the use of P6 (preferable).
• The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
Who are we?
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.