6 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Planning Engineer to be based in our Birmingham office working as part of a PMO for major highway infrastructure projects. Come join our progressive team we are looking for like minded professionals with experience in predominantly highways infrastructure projects, however experience in Rail and utilities Infrastructure projects will also be considered.
We are working with and end client that is adding value to the local community and ensuring that the infrastructure projects are cutting edge and will enhance the UK.
WSP are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to join our Projects and Commercial Services Team in Birmingham.
A typical week would include:
* Undertaking both design and construction planning activities
* Undertaking project control activities such as progress monitoring and progress reporting
* Being aware of developments and best practice within the Project Planning profession
* Being aware of opportunities to win/expand work commissions.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A professional qualification, ideally to degree standard, in an engineering or building discipline
* An understanding and working knowledge of the NEC 3 Contract.
* Experience in working as part of a client team or in a PMO is advantageous.
* Experience with, and reasonably competent with, Primavera P6 scheduling software
* Ideally at least 5 years’ experience of construction / design planning, ideally on a variety of construction projects.
* Knowledge of Deltek Acumen Fuse would be desirable
You will be able to produce:
* Schedules (Level 1 to Level 4+) project programmes/schedules using Primavera P6 and, at times, Microsoft Project/Asta Powerproject
* Construction phasing and time location plans and other visual techniques to communicate project phasing, constraints to the other members of the project team
* Scheduling and Earned Value Analysis
* Project progress reports, forecasts and dashboards that capture issues and be able the advice senior project team members of the impact of issues and provide mitigation
* Engage in external Project Planning interest groups, seminars etc. to promote WSP’s capability and harvest best practice.
Our work is serious, and serious fun. We create homes for penguins, help you get from A to B faster and safer, create inspiring places to live and work, and shape the skylines of our cities.
We value our people and our reputation. Having a diverse and robust workforce enables us to look for answers, not problems, and we pride ourselves on offering clients clever, imaginative, future-facing solutions. If you are interested in finding ways to help society thrive, at home and further afield, an exciting career could be waiting for you here.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.