7 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
• Support projects through coordinating booking and managing possessions and Line Blocks to comply with the Project Programme and NR standards
• Work with Project Teams to develop future access requirements
• Undertake Safe System of Work Planning for Site Activities.
• Ensure that site works are planned in a safe and compliant manner
What will this role involve?
• Assist Planning Manager in delivering site possessions, isolations, and protections
• Booking of possessions/isolations.
• Booking Line Blockages
• Production and Issuing of Safe Work Packs.
• Booking Safety Critical staff for site activities
• Represent works at area planning meetings where required
• Assist with managing site compliance with Network Rail rulebook, GE/RT8000, Network Rail company and group standards
• Maintain excel spread sheet of booked possessions, worksites, line blockages and isolations requested
• Maintain excel spread sheet of Safe Work Packs issued and returned and keep electronic copies of all returned packs
What are we looking for?
• Full practical understanding of Network Rail possession, worksite booking systems and understanding of possessions, worksites and isolations
• Ability to book worksites and isolations using Network Rail Possession Planning System (PPS)
• Extensive knowledge and ability to book Line Blockages using NR GZAC system
• Awareness of the Network Rail On Line logistics (NROL) train booking system
• Understanding relevant sections of rulebook, GE/RT8000
• Full understanding of Safety Critical roles such as PICOP, ES, COSS, SWL
• Full understanding of Network Rail company standard NR/L2/OHS/019 Safety of people working on or near the line
• Ability to write Network Rail Safe Work Packs as defined in NR/L2/OHS/019
• Personal Track Safety (PTS)
• Hold Safe System of Work Planner Competence
• Ability to produce Sage System of Work Packs
• Practical site experience in safety cricital roles e.g. SWL, COSS is desirable
• Any experience of producing Task Briefing sheets and Risk Assessments