7 months ago
Planner & Project Manager
Job number: UK12219
Company/Division: Power Transmission & Distribution
Career area: Project Management
Region/State: West Midlands
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Planner & Project Manager to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business.
Based in Hereford, this role will report into the Operations Manager and will work on one of our projects.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for to optimise production through efficient planning and to improve levels of customer satisfaction:
What you'll be doing
As a Planner & Project Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Plan the day-to-day activity of production through cost effective planning using customer orders and available forecast information;
* Scheduling of all operations while ensuring optimal efficiency, equipment utilisation and customer satisfaction;
* Liaise with customers and be the key point of contact in order to deliver the project on time and manage all variations with regard to programme and cost;
* Preparing detailed production schedules with Team Leaders for priority orders to meet specific delivery date;
* Capacity planning within the secondary manufacturing areas;
* Efficiently plan labour, producing a labour requirement plan for production teams to work to in-order to produce output through the most cost effective manner;
* Ensure production targets are met by planning and co-ordinating cross-functional activities;
* Plan, organise and manage the Check Erection activity as and when required;
* Monitor actual production times against plan and update as required;
* Liaise with all internal departments to ensure plan requirements are understood and achieved;
* Work to resolve labour and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions;
* Progress chasing to ensure critical events occur on the day required;
* Obtain continual feedback from customers to identify opportunities for improvement;
* Actively participating in a continuous improvement culture within the business.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Driven, positive and friendly character who is analytical and thinks out of the box – always encouraging continuous improvement, proactive in approach and can manage change;
* Capability to respond quickly, decisively, assertively, and professionally to changing requirements in demand, product description and material demand;
* Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions with minimal support from management;
* A strong pro-active and ‘can-do’ attitude;
* Desire to continually learn and improve;
* Capable of working under pressure to ensure deadlines are achieved;
* Experience of modern manufacturing practices;
* Strong use of ERP systems;
* Experience of MRP Planning and scheduling systems;
* Excellent IT skills, excel, power point, word.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from £50,000 schemes to £100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beatty’s Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the world’s most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.