about 1 year ago
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150
professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading
independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The
group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year
(Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London,
Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national
basis, operating under a single national team.
You will be joining a team of experts with deep industry
experience in major projects and programmes delivery. As an Associate/Assistant Manager you will support
our Major Projects Advisory Integrated Controls' practice in the delivery of
high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients including
government agencies, contractors, industry associations, developers, investors
and asset managers, by bringing planning, scheduling and project controls expertise
to the team.
Description of the role:
- Carry out planning reviews and advising clients on appropriateplanning techniques and good practice.
- Working with clients to develop overarching project orprogramme plans and integrated strategic schedules.
- Support in carrying out the maturity assessments ofclients' planning capability and providing recommendations on improvement areas.
- Carry out schedule forensic analysis to determine delay causations.
- Perform schedule modelling and scenario based analysis.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative schedule riskassessments using industry-led tools.
- Perform quality assurance and audit of schedules.
- Play a supporting role in business developmentinitiatives, including presentations, client meetings, and contributing to practice development initiatives.
Leadership & Management:
The role involves managing people to drive an output and
may involve managing direct reports internally and/or within the client
Stakeholders Interactions & Challenges
The role will be
expected to work across KPMG functions as well as with clients, and will be
required to build and maintain strong relationships by working collaboratively
and effectively managing these relationships.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The candidate will represent KPMG in front of clients,
our values need to be aligned and our ways of working to be inclusive well
represented. Failure of the candidate to
uphold our values could damage client relationship and/or impact on repeat opportunities.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and scheduling.
- Experience across major infrastructure project development and delivery in the public and private sectors.
- Solid project controls/project engineering and/or risk management experience.
- A Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree with preference in Engineering
- Understanding of operating models, policies, procedures and governance to support successful programme and project delivery.
- Experience in Transport, Defence or Energy sector
Technical role requirements:
- Advance Microsoft Office
- Primavera P6, MS Project
- Primavera Risk Analysis
- Acumen Fuse Analysis
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to bring complex concepts to life fornon-specialist audience
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniquesand knowledge
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
Assistant Manager, Manager, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, QA, Management, Finance, Quality, Technology