14 days ago
Location:Hamburg : Überseeallee 10 (LR_L000410)
Position Category:Design Appraisal
Position Type:Employee Regular
Plan Approval Specialist - Marine & Offshore
* To perform assessments and / or deal with problems to provide solutions for internal / external clients around Marine & Offshore Plan Approval Services.
* To perform assessments in connection with marine & offshore structural plan approval services and provide specialist advice for service delivery, research or development work within agreed parameters that includes budget constraints and contractual requirements;
* To produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format;
* To assess / recommend the time / value of the work to be undertaken for an internal / external client within an agreed fee / cost structure;
* To discuss / present the deliverable with the internal / external client and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate;
* Undertake administration as required in line with current processes and procedures;
* To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness;
* To coach other employees, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application;
* Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards;
* To make suggestions to improve service delivery effectiveness through changes to processes or work scope such that it leads to a reduction in appraisal effort (where applicable);
* To provide technical advice to internal and external clients and the associated correspondence in accordance with the applicable procedures;
* BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture or Marine Technology
* Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in the area of marine engineering with particular emphasis on ship design
* Good knowledge MS Office;
* In depth knowledge and understanding of ship structure and linear Finite Element Analysis and Review.
* Understanding of Fatigue Design Assessment or Simplified Fatigue Analysis
* Understanding of Risk Assessment Integration into Design Development.
* Able to make clear judgements and take a decision when rule lines are unclear and having pragmatic approach always balancing safety and commercial aspects;
* Able to work both independently and as part of a team, to priorities work and meet LR and Clients deadlines and to be able to work effectively under pressure;
* Fluent in German and English both spoken and written.
What do we offer?
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be offered. As for every Lloyd's Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long term goals.
About Lloyd’s Register
Some companies seem to work for their shareholders. You could say that Lloyd's Register’s shareholder is society! Lloyd’s Register have been fiercely independent since its start more than 260 years ago as what would become the world’s first ship classification society. It’s also where Lloyd’s Register first started contributing to the safety of the world’s critical infrastructure, helping ship builders and owners make safer ocean-going vessels. Today that tradition continues as Lloyds Register, still owned by the Lloyd's Register Foundation, offers it deep technical expertise to asset owners- providing quality assurance and certification to everything from cruise ships to the pressure equipment that helps power cities everywhere! Lloyd’s Register is renowned globally for its technical expertise, independence, and focus on safety. And because of Lloyd’s Register’s long history, it carries approvals and accreditations from industry bodies and governments worldwide, often acting on their behalf to inspect and certify equipment around the world.
Are you interested in this position? Apply directly via the system and upload your CV and motivation letter.
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, R&D, Engineering, Research, Technology, Quality