about 1 year ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We’re currently offering the opportunity for an undergraduate placement student to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in the business world. Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the world of work, delivering support as a member of our training team.
When you join our training department, you will provide great support to the team, helping achieve key targets and improve performance. You will liaise with our in-house trainers, external suppliers and site managers to arrange training courses. Keeping an accurate training record for all employees is essential - as a lot of construction training is mandatory. You’ll support the all-important “renewals process”, ensuring qualifications don’t expire and sites can continue to operate.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
* Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1250 employees.
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
* A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills – the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
* Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
* Great teamwork skills – you’ll be a key part of the Training team – but you’ll need to be able to work independently and have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively.
* A sense of humour whilst juggling a number of different tasks.
* A strong work ethic.