10 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Working at our Head Office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of a Quality, Environment, and Safety (QES) professional, in a busy, fast-paced environment. Working with a supportive team around you, the role will equip you with skills that will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university.
As a member of the QES team you will:
* Transpose QES Inspection Reports onto external client systems and interpret data.
* Document control – helping to improve our QES Internal Management Systems.
* Assist with retrieving and monitoring documentation from site and following-up Occupational health processes.
* Assist with incident investigation processes and document collation.
* Assist with company communications on Quality, Environment & Safety issues.
* Support the QES team in any other administrative duties.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
* Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1250 employees.
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
* An ability to suggest new ideas as we perpetually strive to improve and update our policies.
* A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills – the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
* Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
* Great teamwork skills – you’ll be a key part of our QES team – but you’ll need to be able to work independently and be able to prioritise your workload effectively.
* A strong work ethic.