12 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in procurement.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
When you join our procurement department you will be part of a high-performing team that manages a budget of over £30million per year. You will use this budget to provide our sites across the UK with a range of materials and subcontract services as well as supplying our head office with all the supplies needed. A key skill required in this role is negotiation, you’ll implement these skills as you liaise with various stakeholders assisting us in driving value. You will also produce high-level reports on spend, utilisation and costs that will be used by managers and directors as they perpetually analyse the budget
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity
* Opportunity to work within a large organisation, with a family-feel, that puts employees first
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
* An ability to suggest new ideas and implement your own strategies as we perpetually improve our processes.
* A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills – the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
* Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously – procurement is a busy department!
* Excellent negotiation skills and a willingness to learn.
* A strong work ethic.