12 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in Mechanical Engineering.
Working both on site and in the office, this year-long placement will provide you with the opportunity to put what you’ve learned at University into practise. You will support the project team in coordinating the mechanical aspects of projects whilst producing mechanical design. With a supportive team behind you, you will liaise with subcontractors and suppliers, approving their drawings and designs whilst overseeing their activity on site. You will assist us as we work together to maintain a world class safety culture by producing crucial design, health and safety documentation as well as preparing O+M manuals and commissioning plans.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
* Opportunity to work within a large organisation, with a family-feel, that puts employees first
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying a full time Mechanical Engineering (or similar) degree, and be eligible to work in the UK.
* Good knowledge of engineering practices and industry software such as 2D/3D CAD.
* Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and problem-solve.
* Excellent commercial awareness
* A positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure
* Strong organisational, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills