10 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in information technology, working in our busy IT Department at Head Office in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
Our IT Team is responsible for managing the company’s information technology needs in a busy, fast-moving world. The role will provide you with a real insight into the role of an IT professional. Working with a supportive team around you, you will provide expert assistance to hundreds of users based in offices and construction sites across the UK. As a key member of the IT team, you will work as part of the first line support ensuring our people have access to the systems and software they need. You will also be involved in system rollout and hardware upgrades, including mobile technology and mobile device management. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about and work with Infrastructure, Database and System teams to improve your knowledge and skills.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
* Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1250 employees.
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time degree related to IT and be eligible to work in the UK.
* Excellent IT skills and a desire to learn about new technologies and how we can implement them to improve the way we work at JN Bentley.
* A friendly approach to work, with a ‘can do’ attitude and great communication skills.
* Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
* The ability to maintain process and procedure in a busy but relaxed working atmosphere.
* A strong work ethic.