10 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of an HR professional, in a busy, faced-paced environment. Working with a supportive team around you, the role will equip you with skills that will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and a career in HR in the years thereafter.
During this year-long sandwich placement, you will undertake various job roles related to the welfare of our employees. This will include liaising with employees across the business – ranging from site operatives to directors, providing support on all HR related matters. Additionally, you will; manage new starter induction days, process benefit administration, keep records of absence and monitor the return to work and absence trigger process in line with our company absence policy. You will also contribute to important HR projects by conducting research and data analysis which will be used to support your proposals.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity
* Opportunity to work within a large organisation, with a family-feel, that puts employees first
* Wellbeing Package
* Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree, related to HR and be eligible to work in the UK.
* A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills – the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
* Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
* Great teamwork skills – you’ll be a key part of the HR team – but you’ll need to be able to work independently and have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively.
* A sense of humour whilst juggling a number of different tasks.
* A strong work ethic.