about 1 year ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We’re currently offering the opportunity for an undergraduate placement student to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in communications and marketing. Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
Being a part of our communications and marketing team you will learn how to produce first-class internal and external communications through engaging write copy. You will also manage the design and production of our monthly internal magazine, ensuring the right message is communicated to our employees. A key part of the role is producing video content, which has become a very important communication tool within our organisation so you will have to have an eye for filming excellent content. Additionally, you’ll oversee the company’s corporate responsibility programme, organising, and promoting different initiatives across the business, as well as looking after charitable requests from colleagues.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity.
* Opportunity to work within a family-feel organisation with over 1250 employees.
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree, related to Communications and Marketing and be eligible to work in the UK.
* The ability to produce excellent written English that hits the mark with the audience.
* Creative thinking and an eye for design. A passion for producing communications that look first-class is really important.
* A personable approach to work. You’ll need to build a rapport with colleagues across the business and work with them to gather the information we need to produce our communications.
* Great teamwork skills – you’ll be a key part of the Communications and Marketing team – but you’ll need to be able to work independently and be able to prioritise your workload effectively.