10 months ago
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. We are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. We are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on
training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
At JN Bentley we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and the rewards are shared. JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of the accountant in a busy, faced-paced environment. The role will grow organically over the year and as your confidence and skills improve, you’ll take on added responsibility that will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work in the years thereafter.
A key element of this role involves assisting in the preparation and production of accounts, including monthly management accounts. You will also maintain; accurate payments, receipt records and audit costing systems as well as managing payments of monthly expenses and subsistence. You will assist with some administration activities and be expected to produce overhead account analysis and reports.
JN Bentley is a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover of £169 million. This is generated from projects within the building and civil engineering sectors and has seen a 26% increase on the previous year. This also resulted in us reaching the 1250 employee milestone for the very first time in 2017 and to continue to build upon our recent successes, we have invested over £1 million and 17,600 training hours into our most valuable asset – our employees.
* Fantastic development scheme with a view for you to return to us as a graduate.
* Competitive financial package including a final year sponsorship opportunity
* Opportunity to work within a large organisation, with a family-feel, that puts employees first
* Wellbeing Package
* A Turkey at Christmas (Or vouchers)
* Flexible start date
What you’ll bring
* You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
* A proficiency in MS excel with a good understanding of data input processes.
* A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills – the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
* Strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
* A sense of humour whilst juggling a number of different tasks.
* A strong work ethic.