3 months ago
Title : Piping Designer
Requisition ID :2019-37333
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Piping
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Piping Designer based in our Aberdeen Office with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
Executing assigned scopes of work.
Providing discipline expertise to the business.
* Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
* Process Ownership:
* Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
* Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
* Subject Matter Expertise:
* Provide discipline support to the business.
* Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
* Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
* Executing assigned personal objectives. Internal:
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project/contract interfaces.
* Engage with inter-discipline community and promote discipline including: networking/knowledge sharing.
Skills / Qualifications
Establishing an awareness of external stakeholders including: industry bodies, academia, vendors, client interface (as appropriate and requested). Minimum Qualifications:
* HNC / HND or equivalent professional qualification with relevant industry experience.
* Minimum Experience:
* Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position.
* Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
* Professional demeanor, interpersonal skills.
* Able to demonstrate team working skills.
* Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
Flexible with a can-do attitude. Core Values and Behaviours:
Demonstrably practice company core values and compliance with ethics policy. Has an understanding of the company leadership framework.
Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
Subject Matter Expertise:
Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business.
* Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline areaDemonstrate continual professional development.
* Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
* General Competencies:
* Communication in written and spoken forms.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.