8 months ago
You would be employed directly by Rolls-Royce but would be based in the Edvance UK Bristol office. Edvance is the new name for Sofinel, which is the UK nuclear new build organisation.
Hinkley Point C in the South West will be the first in a new generation of UK nuclear power stations, marking a significant milestone in the re-vitalisation of the UK’s nuclear power industry and providing a clean, secure and affordable source of electricity for around five million homes.
The Piping CAD designer is responsible for creating a piping design file for each analysis unit, following the routing of pipes in the 3D model designed by the layout designers.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we’ve been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
* Incorporating in this design files all the necessary data for the various teams involved in the overall piping design process (flexibility calculation, design and calculation of supports).
* Checking the consistency of the data in the design file, including the list of valves, the list of pipes and specifications, and the correct integration of requested modifications to pipe routings
* The specifications for pipes and associated accessories (flanges, elbows, reducers, etc.).
* Layout drawings of components (mechanical and ventilation equipment) and isometric drawings.
* Performs a permanent check on compliance with the layout rules specific to piping design (distance between runs, position of welds and openings, etc.).
* Performing draft isometrics for checking purposes.
* Engineer background with CAD experience in particular AVEVA software (AVEVA PDMS, Diagrams and Engineering).
* Knowledge of a CAD system for Engineering activities (preferable electrical or HVAC).
* Experience in the 3D model designing for the PDMS piping supports (clamp, beams, and anchor plate).
* Experience in performing the calculation of the support, with abacus or software.
* Must be fluent in spoken and written English. Native/bilingual proficiency or near fluent level of French is highly desirable.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2019
08 Jan 2019; 00:01