4 months ago
PIMS Sustainment Engineer
Fawley, HAM, GB
Job Role Summary
We are currently recruiting for a PIMS Sustainment Engineer to join our ExxonMobil Engineering Europe (EMEEL) team. EMEEL is the regional office for ExxonMobil Research and Engineering (EMRE) and, based from Fawley Refinery near Southampton, provides research and engineering support for ExxonMobil and its joint ventures throughout Europe and the Middle East.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan, private health care for employees and their families and, where applicable, relocation assistance. Onsite facilities, including a gym, make Fawley an enjoyable place to work.
Job Role Responsibilities
The PIMS Sustainment Engineer is responsible for providing specialist consulting and technical support for projects and site support in Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. This role will provide in depth proactive technical leadership and support to refining sites with a focus on model troubleshooting, development, validation and business economics, reporting to the Offline Optimisation Group Head.
ExxonMobil requires exceptional professional conduct and the highest ethical standards, implicit with sound judgment, integrity and quality.
The key responsibilities are to:
* Provide robust tools to represent plant operational events
* Analyze offline process optimisation models for structural integrity and business performance
* Drive site asset improvement in the areas of: feedstock selection and product optimisation, product blending and shipping, operational execution plans, reducing operational cost and maximising margin
* Assist sites in application of new technology
* Develop and deliver technical training for plant and central office engineering and supply organisations.
* Support improvement projects in the areas of model design consulting, technical quality assurance and implementation
* Develop and maintain technical standards & guidelines
* Lead Validation processes to ensure tools best match plant operations
The role is based at our Fawley site, near Southampton, within our EMEEL office. The successful candidate will work within the Automation, Optimisation and Process Safety Engineering Team based in Fawley.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
* Hold an engineering degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with 10+ years professional experience. Candidates with less than ten years’ experience, who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered.
* Have detailed working knowledge in a range of Petrochemical processes and Offline Optimisation Planning applications
* Knowledge of Process Optimisation, Scheduling and Automation Technologies
* Ability to understand & advise on Process Optimisation and scheduling strategies
* Be; or be working towards being; a qualified Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council UK or equivalent
Please note, candidates whose experience is predominantly in project management will only be considered for this position where they can demonstrate relevant technical experience as outlined above.
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
* Experience of model validation processes.
* Experience in leading sub model diagnosis with the ability to make recommendations and track implementation of PIMS updates.
* Lead constraints and overall model validation processes.
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a diverse team environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Engineer, Consulting, Chemical Engineer, Safety Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Research