20 days ago
Manage and direct the Infrastructure Maintenance delivery team to deliver inspection, maintenance and renewal of track and off-track assets to relevant standards. Manage activities within agreed resource levels, budget and unit cost measures to achieve safety, asset performance, cost and quality business targets.
1. Manage and direct the Infrastructure Maintenance delivery team and Contractors to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
2. Manage the development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff competence and welfare.
4. Adhere to company policies and procedures.
5. Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements, plans and other instructions.
6. Implement safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
7. Manage the development of work plans that enables work to be delivered safely, efficiently and compliant to standards.
8. Manage and direct the inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal of assets to standards.
9. Manage and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
10. Identify and propose asset renewals.
11. Manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans.
12. Manage information to update systems, databases and records.
13. Undertake a programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
14. Contribute to your own development and that of others.
15. Discharge the relevant duties assigned to the ‘CDM Contractor’ (Amey Infrastructure Wales Limited) in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
Experience, skills, knowledge and competencies.
· Experience of managing and directing a team.
· Experience of team leadership and development.
· Experience of managing the production and delivery of a comprehensive and compliant work programme.
· Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
· Able to lead and implement change and improvement initiatives.
· Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Able to coach, influence and develop others.
· Knowledge of conductor rail equipment maintenance and construction management processes, systems and standards.
· Knowledge of budget management and cost/waste control processes and techniques.
· Knowledge of the Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
· Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
· Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 3 or 4 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
· Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
AIW operations the infrastructure maintenance of the Core Valley Line (CVL) in Wales and you can influence the future of Welsh infrastructure.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.