about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Modern chip designs incorporate a wide range of Arm components to construct a full system, each part having an impact on the overall system performance. Whether it is a car engine monitor, a VR headset or a network server, it is critical that all Arm components perform well when combined into systems. Central Technologies Group (CTG) at Arm drives the development of IP across the company. Even before a new product is conceived, system models are constructed to examine the advantages of potential new architectural features. Modelling engineers define and examine new designs within a full system context prior to commitment to an RTL product. Identifying issues early is key to deliver world-class IP used in billions of products. As a modelling engineer, you will work with architects who wish to examine future ideas, with design teams aiding them to identify performance issues and customers to capture target system specifications to ensure our designs will work well within them.
Do you have a deep understanding of modern system architecture and excellent programming skills? Then this job is your opportunity to achieve the biggest possible impact in the field. You will join a team tasked with guiding the direction our future technology and that of hundreds of Arm's partners.
* Engaging with design architects on future systems within Arm
* Constructing early evaluation models for the next generation of products
* Collaborating on building and using detailed models with teams across Arm
* Building system level simulations using a range of models
* Supporting use of models and systems by performance analysis teams
* Building infrastructure for use by performance analysis engineers to enable better inspection
* Analysis of model quality, identifying issues and improving the correlation models against RTL
* Helping to define future direction of system performance modelling across Arm
* Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
* Strong computer architecture knowledge
* Experience in performance or functional modelling
* Knowledge of on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA
* SystemC/TLM experience
* Performance verification
* Benchmarking experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
* Information is crucial, share it.
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric.
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
* Make trust our default position.
* Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps