25 days ago
You will be responsible for
* Producing and distributing HR paperwork using standard templates and in line with our People Policies (e.g.internal contracts and offer letters).
* Creating new starter records and updating records in line with people moves in our payroll system and all supporting systems.
* Providing weekly, periodic and adhoc data reports for our stakeholders.
* Providing reference request information to third parties in line with correct processes.
* Welcoming new starters, ensuring we have all legal documentation, and liaising with line managers to ensure colleagues are well inducted, upskilled and informed and uniform requirements are communicated.
* Partnering People Advisors on project work to enable effective deployment of people initiatives.
* Maintaining filing systems in line with agreed processes and supporting compliance activities.
* Suggesting developments and supporting continuous improvements for People processes
* Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
* Supporting colleagues to resolve queries in line with our People policies and processes.
You will need
* HR administration experience
* Experience or knowledge of Compliance and GDPR
* Experience maintaining accurate data
* Worked in a fast-paced environment
* Some payroll knowledge would be an advantage
* Being accountable for own workload and responsibilities
* Organisation and prioritisation skills
* Understanding of key HR processes
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills
* Good MS Office skills - especially comfortable with Excel and using other systems/databases.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
* Retirement savings plan
* Life Assurance
* Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.