9 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 42986
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Product Design Hardware Team. We are at the heart of all innovative development work in Customer Technology and with PCB Design a critical part of all Hardware – quality is key!
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Report to the Principal PCB Design Engineer.
- Design PCB Layouts as required.
- Be involved in Design Project meetings.
- Maintain PCB component Libraries.
- Work closely with the Mechanical Design team to ensure the PCB designs fit within the designed enclosures.
- Work with the operations team on manufacturing test integration with PCB designs
- Work with EMS / PCB Fabricators to develop working efficiency and understanding
- Degree level or similar in Electronics preferred.
- Proficient in PCB design for digital / analogue (Mixed signal, hand routed) systems.
- Some RF layout experience.
- Expert at Altium Designer preferred.
- 4+ years PCB design experience as CAD Engineer.
- Consumer electronics background preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Design for Cost and Design for Manufacture experience.
- Understanding of IPC standard component Library creation and PCB specification
- Willing to sometimes work extended hours to deliver designs to challenging project schedules, and to the high standards required by Sky.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better