5 months ago
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Payload Specialist has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The Payload product development group belongs to the Payload Product department within the telecom program directorate. It is a transnational entity across France and the UK. Its main role is to develop advanced payload architectures answering to the future telecom satellite customer demand. It covers in particular new payload concepts based on digital processing, active antennas or photonics solutions, for instance. Main objectives are to define advanced added value architectures, high level requirements for key enabling technologies and solutions and to define development road maps. In its activities, the payload development group interfaces with the commercial and marketing entities, with institutional entities (CNES, ESA, CE, EDA…) as well as with internal and external equipment suppliers.
Within the Payload product development group, you will be in charge of defining advanced payload architectures, with main focus on RF, digital, processed and photonics solutions.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will also include:
- Developing payload solutions (architectures, performance, modelling) for advanced payloads (including RF, digital, photonic solutions)
- Assessing benefit s of advanced solutions with respect to customer needs
- Defining associated payload road maps , specifications and development needs, for key equipment and solutions
- Participating in development / demonstration project build-up (including bids, partnership development, project implementation),
- Interfacing with market world (marketing entity, commercial customers, KAMs…) for business need understanding
- Interfacing with agencies, for study and funding capture
- Interfacing with suppliers for technology maturity survey and development follow-up
- Supporting commercial bids for advanced solutions
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in payload design incorporating RF and / or Digital knowledge.
- Leadership experience with demonstrable evidence of influencing and negotiating at engineering, supplier and customer level.
- Some project management experience across a complex transnational environment.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of system level Telecoms satellite platforms.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit ; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.