6 months ago
Job number: UK11844
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Engineering - Design
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Pavement Engineer to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
* To successfully deliver trunk road pavements investigations, evaluate and prepare technical reports to justify road pavement treatments.
* To project manage workload to ensure delivery of annual programmes, on time.
What you'll be doing
As, Senior Engineer, you will:
* Ensure current road pavement design standards are known and adhered to;
* Undertake site specific risk assessments and safety checks;
* Mentor and provide advice and support to less experienced staff within the team as well as checking of their work;
* Be responsible for the delivery of financial, quality and environmental management of projects.
* Supervise of works on site, when required.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* A BEng, MEng or other approved qualification
* An HNC with relevant experience
* Knowledge and understanding of road design standards DMRB, MCDHW, statutory procedures, forms of contract, British Standards and CDM;
* Autocad experience.
* A proven record of delivering projects to high standard and on programme.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.