7 days ago
Job ID 00020315
About the role
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses.
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Partner Support Manager that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
The Partner Support Manager is a pivotal role responsible for facilitating the engagement and performance management of the contractors on Virgin Media’s Major Projects. The role will ensure that the management of contractor performance is fair, collaborative and effective.
What will you be doing?
* Maintaining pipeline and supplier capability tracker and producing monthly look ahead report using the data from the tracker and insights gathered from stakeholders.
* Maintain internal stakeholder map for Major Projects and ensure appropriate engagement and consultation in understanding project requirements.
* Support and inform allocation of projects to suppliers by carrying out supplier evaluations.
* Engage with internal project stakeholders to develop detailed statement of requirements for new projects to brief to selected supplier.
* Analyse supplier performance and produce insight reports for supplier meetings.
* Administer the change control, communications, lessons learned and issues & escalation logs.
* Issue out new/updated policy and procedural communications to suppliers.
* Set up, manage and run regular supplier delivery meetings.
* Developing an integrated relationship between the Partners and the delivery teams.
* Managing and supporting any contractual disputes and negotiations with Legal & Procurement as required.
* Provide support and expertise to internal stakeholders on contractual documentation, new requirements and their impact on the existing contractual agreements.
* Build relationships with internal stakeholders to support you in ensuring that the support services provided by our Partners are managed and measured according to the contractual commitments.
* Build and maintain key relationships with senior stakeholders within partner companies to ensure that senior level direction and focus is applied to the contract and services provided to Virgin Media.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
Required Key Skills
* Contract Management Experience
* Experience of NEC4 contracts or equivalent construction contracts
* Understanding of contracts
* Commercial acumen
* Proven contractor negotiation skills
* Understanding of management and mitigation of commercial risks
* Claims and dispute management
* Experience of supplier relationship management to drive delivery performance
* Experience of working in the construction/telecommunications sector
* APMP (preferred)
* Prince2 (preferred)
* P6 and CEMARs experience (desirable)
View in Google Maps