4 months ago
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a P6 Planner. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of programmes of work throughout the full GRIP life cycle, focusing on the delivery of design as part of our Consulting business.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
What is the purpose of the role?
Overall responsibility to assist the Senior Planner in the development, monitoring and reporting of all relevant programmes.
What will the role involve?
The Planner reporting to a nominated Project Director with a dotted line to the Programme Director for Wales & Borders. The position provides a service to multiple Project Managers.
Accountabilities to include:
• Responsible for producing project plans from conception to completion and advise project teams accordingly
• Interface and provide the required information to the project teams to enable Project Management reporting to be carried out including cost planning
• Lead monthly progress review meetings with the project teams to monitor and report progress
• Obtain accurate actual progress and forecast to complete from third parties and subcontractors to enable the project plan to be updated
• Preparation of progress project ‘S’-curves for measuring and monitoring periodical progress against the project baseline ‘S’-curve
• Proactively enhance the planning systems within the business. Identify and share best practice
• Establish clear communications and work effectively with members of the team
• Identify programme issues that need to be addressed with the client to ensure their satisfaction
• Ensure that agreed reporting methods and timescales are met
• Responsible for in cost and resource planning
• The position is office based in Cardiff, but may require visits to site, suppliers and third parties
What are we looking for?
• Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite. Experienced in the use of Primavera
• Ability to lead and implement new planning processes
• Ability to plan multi-disciplinary schemes; understanding the interfaces between different disciplines
• Ability to extract progress information from reports and challenge where there may be conflicting or inconsistent
• Commercially experienced and competent using Primavera systems for cost control
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence and manage all stakeholders
• Confident communication and presentation skills with experience both internal and customer facing at senior level
• Ability to maintain professional working relationships in a high paced project environment
• Proactive and enthusiastic team player
• Able to work unaided with little direction
What makes this role unique?
You will use the project plan to identify delivery risks and play a key role in realising suitable mitigation methods. You will use project plans to review resource allocation and capacity.