3 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
Come and join our team, we are actively seeking professional P6 Planning Engineer to be based in the London/Croydon/Guildford/Hertford, someone who is looking for a new challenge to work with one of our established clients.
The role would be working on national and international airport and highways infrastructure projects. This is a great opportunity for you to work on a variety of exciting projects to broaden your experience in planning and project controls.
A typical week would include:
* Undertaking both design and construction planning activities
* Undertaking project control activities such as progress monitoring and progress reporting
* Being aware of developments and best practice within the Project Planning profession
* Being aware of opportunities to win/expand work commissions.
You will be able to produce:
* Schedules (Level 1 to Level 4+) project programmes/schedules using Primavera P6 and, at times, Microsoft Project/Asta Powerproject
* Construction phasing and time location plans and other visual techniques to communicate project phasing, constraints to the other members of the project team
* Scheduling and Earned Value Analysis
* Project progress reports, forecasts and dashboards that capture issues and be able the advice senior project team members of the impact of issues and provide mitigation
* Engage in external Project Planning interest groups, seminars etc. to promote WSP’s capability and harvest best practice.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Professional qualification, ideally to degree standard, in an engineering or building discipline
* Experience with, and reasonably competent with, Primavera P6 scheduling software
* Ideally the candidate shoudl experience of construction / design planning, ideally on a variety of construction/infrastructure projects
* An interest in, and ideally some experience of, 4D construction planning and project controls
* Knowledge of Deltek Acumen Fuse would be desirable.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
We value our people and our reputation.
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.
We care about individuals and their progress and offer the most fulfilling career development for our professionals. We promote our young recruits because we believe fresh perspectives bring great ideas and new energy.
Find your career path at WSP.