18 days ago
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £32,000 - £43,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
A Team Manager is required to join our Overhead Line Operations and Maintenance Team. The key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
1. Provide leadership, management and direction, assisting to relay and execute plans from the Lead Engineer. You'll be responsible for co-ordinating, motivating, encouraging and empowering our Overhead Line Team members both in your own area and in liaison with our other Team managers out of area.
2. Contribute in a safe, and efficient manner to deliver on a wide range of overhead line inspection, maintenance & possible system fault activities, ensuring the transmission overhead line network is resilient and able to continue to operate efficiently, effectively and in a safe manner.
3. Work directly with your Lead Engineer for the area planning and co-ordinating works to comply with system outages, condition assessments & internal procedures for inspection & maintenance activities to comply with all external legal bodies.
4. Responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, hold regular team meetings and safety briefings and act as ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
5. You may be required to work away from your base location for short durations during the week and occasionally at weekends to which accommodation and remuneration shall be provided for and agreed; a weekly stand by rota for out of hours availability on any network faults is in place to which you would be required to contribute.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Sound understanding of the Transmission business and the environment we operate, giving you the ability to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
2. Knowledge of current overhead line systems, their geography, designs, operations and maintenance activities, including policies, procedures, and electrical systems would be beneficial but not essential as informative training will be provided.
3. You will have been educated in a discipline relevant to this role City & Guilds, HNC and/or have previous experience working in a similar managerial or leadership role.
4. Strong IT skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to manage varying deadlines and priorities whilst maintaining positive working relationships.
5. Safety is a key priority at SSEN and throughout everything you do, passionate about safety, you will be a strong leader who sets and maintains high standards, promote a safe working environment and culture throughout your team, and be comfortable in challenging any unsafe behaviours or attitudes, you will engage with them positively about safety.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact -******* / --******.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.